- This event has passed.
April Meeting (Competition with LPS UK)
April 9 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Joint Competition with the Lancaster Photographic Society in the UK. This will take place over Zoom. We will send out a link to the Zoom session before the meeting begins.
- Each club is submitting 30 images. When judges, the total score for each club will be compared to see which group comes out on top.
- When we called for images, the response was great! We received 71 images!
- Of course, that means 41 images were not selected to be entered… including all of mine ;-). Thanks for the many images we received; rest assured that we did our best to keep the process as fair as possible:
The way we selected which images to select was this:
- All the images were put in a folder using only the titles as the filename. (The photographer’s identity was not included.) Note: the number in the filename is random and has nothing to do with ranking or scoring!
- Five members of our club board then each scored each image (not including their own) on a scale of 1 to 9.
- All those scores were put into a spreadsheet which computed the average of the judges’ scores for each image.
- Finally, the 15 top-scoring images for monochrome and color were the ones submitted.